Friday, September 3, 2010

Why I need to wear my glasses ...


As mentioned in the previous post, I went on a bit of a bead making spree this week. I made what felt like a gazillion clear hollow beads, keeping the texture rough, just melting the glass enough to ensure that the structure is stable and strong. This is another bead style that I have wanted to do for a long time. But I really love to see how the 'ugly duckling' bloom into a beautiful round sphere. This time I was able to control that urge, and only ended up with 3 beads that were smoothed out ...

Anyway, I rushed home, cleaned the bead holes with my flex shaft tool and diamond bit, and used a super large syringe and thick gauge needle (bent slightly by moi)to flush out the unwanted bead release. As I was not wearing the mentioned glasses, and I was tired, and it was late at night, I did not notice that some still had tiny flecks of bead release in it! Only during it's photo shoot this morning did I see it, ugh! So I will not be able to sell it today in my shop, but it is back in my bag so it can get a thorough cleaning tonight!

No comments: