Friday, October 30, 2009

A busy month

Wow, am I glad that this month is almost over! 3 Exhibitions in one month is a definite no-no. On the 7th an exhibition started at the Art B gallery in Bellville, showcasing 5 jewellers. I was the only one that incorporated glass into my work.

A week later I arrived in Bloemfontein, almost a 1000 km from Cape Town, where I shared exhibition space with a pewter artist at a beautiful house museum. I took my trusty little Hot Head with me, and did live demonstrations to the visitors. I had forgotten how beautiful Bloemfontein was!

And yesterday I entered some teapots for the regional Ceramic SA exhibition. To my relief I was informed today that both pieces were accepted! The exhibition will start on the 15th of November at the Ceramics Museum in Durbanville.

I will try and post some pictures as soon as I can of my entries.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow congratulations Diana on getting accepted for the upcoming exhibition! I have just been looking through your photos and I love your original idea of combining lampwork beads and ceramics. I came to your blog through Torch Bugs. I love your beads and how you use them, fab!
Michelle

Diana Ferreira said...

Thank you Michelle!
It has been an interesting year so far. In November 2008 we started talking about all the what-if's of combining the 2 mediums. I have been wonderfully blessed by the most amazing ceramic artists that live in my city, and who are so generous with their advise and support.