Thursday, January 22, 2009

2010 World Cup

I planned to do some Lampwork today, but got bogged down in a chat room, having a lovely time with some online friends, till the website froze up. Then I suddenly realised that I had an appointment in the city with the CCDI.

They were briefing art and craft people about the 2010 World Soccer Cup, and selling opportunities. We all got lists of do's and do'nts and just general information. I wore some of my jewellry, and got a few compliments! That is always good, lol. Now I have to work towards the 10 th of February, when we have to submit work for judging. From there on, the panel will work with us, and help with marketing. Apparently the big corporations is already looking for gifting, etc.

I have also made another appointment with their panel to discuss my ceramic line. I took some of the completed pieces with me, and got good feedback. I am to late for Design Indaba, but will still be able to take part in the Decorex Cape Exhibition. That will also give me time to make sure that I could get some media coverage to coincide with the exhibition.

On the way home I had a mental picture of what I want my coffee mug to look like! Poor Leo, he will be slaving away for ever on my work! At least I am learning a lot about making moulds, and slip casting.

3 comments:

ShellyD said...

Dee, how very exciting. Cape Town is so on the ball. Here in Joey's nadda is happening, well none that I am aware of. :(

On a different note. The award you just copy as well as the text and put it in your blog - you also need to nominate 8 blogging peeps.

Good Luck!!

M.

Daddatio and (wink) I won't tell you what was going through my head. LOL

Diana Ferreira said...

It is such a pity about Jhb not having something like the CCDI. I will enquire with them if they know about something similair up there though.

lol, it took me a while to figure Daddatio out, hahaha. Some of the words is just hillarious!

angelinabeadalina said...

This does sound very exciting! Good luck! I'm betting you may have to decide whether you can handle two booths/exhibits at the same time because both your lampwork and your ceramic pieces are gorgeous!